How should I choose the right voice for my project?
Are you looking for a voice over for your project but you don’t know where to start, or which criteria you need to take into account? VOA Voice Studios are here to help you!
Often used in radio and TV ads, web spots, corporate films, documentaries, TV shows, e-learning… voice over is an essential component in your film. It’s important therefore that, during the casting, you target the type of voice that you’re looking for, the one that will make your project shine!
Define the type of project, language, gender and age of the voice that you’re looking for
First step: define the brief for your project well. This will help you to determine the type of voice that you’re looking for. It is important to be clear and precise when defining, for example, the following information:
– The type of project and your target: corporate film, e-learning, TV or radio ad…
– The language(s) for your project, specifying the desired accents: for example, in English: specify if you’re looking for a UK or US accent, or perhaps even Mid-Atlantic. Arabic: do you need Modern Standard Arabic, or a particular dialect…
– The gender of the voice over
– The age of the voice (child/adolescent, young adult, adult or senior citizen)
– The tone of the voice: high, medium or low
This information will allow you and the casting team to define the parameters of your voice search.
Define the speed of the voice and the performance style you want
Then you need to decide what type of delivery you want based on your message and your project: a dynamic voice? Or perhaps a voice that is more direct, composed, etc.
For example, for an e-learning (online training) the type of voice over is generally direct, composed and descriptive in tone. Conversely, for an advertisement where you are looking for a certain cadence and a « promotional » quality, the voice tends to be dynamic, energetic playful and « smiling ». It all depends on what intention you want to give your project.
Your turn to cast now! If you have any questions of if you’re having trouble finding the voice you want, the VOA team will be more than happy to set you on the right path! Don’t hesitate to contact our team of voice over experts who will offer you a customized selection of voices that best fit your project!